Kingston Gets Active Month: Between September 6th-26th, Kingston sport and recreation organizations will host FREE activities, workshops, events, open houses and active challenges for Kingston residents.
Your organization can offer anything related to physical activity to the public (ie. a free activity, fitness class, workshop, open house presentation, active challenge etc.). This event is an opportunity for your organization to advertise your programs while increasing clientele exposure and enrolment.
Kingston Sports Day: Kingston Sports Day will happen on September 27th as part of the Streets Alive event. During Streets Alive, King Street will close between Barrie and Brock, and the streets will be filled with fun physical activities for the whole family.
Kingston Sports Day will take place in City Park from 11am-4pm and will feature 10 different activities/sports run by local sport and recreation organizations. Each organization is in charge of leading 20 minute structured activities throughout the day that begin on the hour and half-hour (leading the activity 10 times in total). Participants of all ages are able to walk around and try any activity they wish, as all activities occur in City Park (between Bagot and King Street E).
Only one organization will be accepted for each type of programming (ie. only one organization can offer martial arts, only one organization can offer dance, etc.), and preference will be given to organizations who demonstrate strong alignment with Canadian Sport for Life and Physical Literacy. Participating Kingston Sports Day organizations would have to provide proof of $2M Commercial General Liability coverage. This certificate of insurance must indicate that the City has been named as an additional insured and specifies the event that the certificate is being provided for.
- Participation is absolutely free- for the participants and for participating organizations.
- You’re helping make Kingston a more active place!
- No-cost activities allow all residents, regardless of income, to participate in physical activity.
- It’s a dynamic, interactive way to showcase your programs!
- We take care of all the promotion – 10,000 calendars and posters are distributed across Kingston. Our April 2015 KGA Month calendar of activities will give you an idea of how KGA Month/Kingston Sports Day activities will be promoted. Participants will be given a handout with information about all participating organizations.
This initiative is a community collaboration led by Canadian Sport for Life Kingston, Kingston Gets Active, and the City of Kingston. Please note that CS4L Kingston accepts no responsibility for any damages, injuries, or consequences resulting from participating in KGA Month and Kingston Sports Day, however caused. Organizations and participants voluntarily engage in KGA Month and Kingston Sports Day at their own risk.