Little Cataraqui Conservation Area is a real gem for Kingston and area residents looking for ways to get active. In addition to skating, cross-country skiing, snow shoeing, winter hiking, and feeding the birds, there are some fun events coming up as well:
- Starlight Snowshoe Hike on February 11 (6:30-8:00pm)
- Snowshoe Demonstration on February 19
- Family Day Skating on February 20
- Saturday cross country ski lessons
- PA Day Programs on March 3
- Maple Madness during March and April
Check their website for updates on snow and ice conditions and more information on events. Their Facebook page also has updates. Snow shoe and cross country ski rentals are also available. There is a daily entrance fee ($5.50/adult, $3/kids under 12, max $14/car).