How Much Should Children Under 4 Move, Sit and Sleep?
Just out: Children 4 and under should move more, get adequate sleep, sit less and avoid screens. Find out the latest Canadian recommendations on just how much!
The 24-Hour Canadian Movement Guidelines for the Early Years (ages 0-4) recommend how much 0-4 year olds should MOVE, SLEEP, and SIT every day.
Looking for Ways to Get Your Little Ones Active?
Visit our ActivKids page for fun activities that you can do with young children at home or outdoors.
Read about ways to influence your child’s physical activity behaviour.
Looking for more ideas to get your preschooler moving? Check out ParticipAction’s suggestions:
- Encourage all types of play.
- Provide a safe, nurturing and minimally structured play environment.
- Allow your child to climb, swing and play at the local playground.
- Minimize the use of your pram or stroller by encouraging your child to walk part of the way.
- Too wet or cold out? Turn up the music and have a dance party.
Visit Participaction for more information about physical activity for your toddler.