September is Kingston Gets Active Month, a chance for the whole family to try new activities every day. Visit our Kingston Gets Active Month page to view the calendar of events and check the “updates and newly added activities” section to see what else is being offered during the month.
Newly added activities so far:
- Free Come Try Ringette event on Saturday, September 17th at 1pm at the Invista Centre (Rona Pad). There will be a parent session immediately following with information on registration and the sport as well as snacks and activities for the kids.
- Free Urban Poling sessions:
- Tues Sept. 13th, Meet Up at Shoppers Drug Mart, 1875 Bath Rd., 6:30 – 7:30
- Thurs. Sept. 15th, Meet Up at Motion Specialities, 2293 Princess St., 6:30 – 7:30
- Wed. Sept 1st, Meet Up at Shoppers Drug Mart, 775 Strand Blvd. Bayridge Centre West, 6:30 – 7:30
- Fri. Sept, 23rd, City of Kingston, Artillery Park, 5 – 6pm
- Wed. Sept. 28th, YMCA, St. Lawrence College, 100 Portsmouth Blvd, 5 – 6pm
- Fri. Sept, 30, YMCA, Wright Crescent, 5:30 – 6:30 & 6:30 – 7:30
- Try it Week running September 6-10 at The Leisure and Activity Centre, 108 Amherst Dr., Amherstview. Contact information is 613-634-5355, firstname.lastname@example.org. Have a look at their schedule of activities on their website.
- Cutting Edge Fencing & RMC Fencing: Sunday Sept 11. Children up to age 9 can try mini-musketeer fencing from 11-1 at the KMCSC as part of CFB Kingston’s Garrison Funfest. People of all ages can try fencing at their open house from 1-3 at RMC’s newly renovated fencing salle (17 Point Frederick Dr on the RMC campus).