September is a great time to get active… the weather is often beautiful and it’s a great time to try something new to get yourself and your family active. Here are 6 ways to get active in September 2017:
- Kingston Gets Active Month: Free activities all month long. For more information and to download a calendar of activities, visit the Kingston Gets Active Month page.
- Streets Alive and CFB Kingston Garrison Family Fun Fest: Saturday, Sept 9 from 11am-4pm at CFB Kingston and Sunday, Sept 10 from 10am-4pm.
- Fall Leisure and Activity Show: Saturday, Sept 16 from 1-4pm at the Boys & Girls Club West End Hub (Bath Rd, Frontenac Mall). Have some fun with the family and find lots of ways to get active this fall.
- Scarecrow Festival: Saturday, Sept 23 from 12-3 pm at 263 Weller Ave (KCHC). Free drumming, wagon rides, games, activities, and fun. Kingston Gets Active with Play Kits at this event.
- Fall Princess Street Promenade: Saturday, Sept 23 from 10am-5pm. Car-free fun downtown Princess Street from Division St to Ontario St.
- Fall Art after Dark: Sept 29 from 7-10pm. Have a walk around downtown Kingston while you enjoy art in various businesses.
- Get outdoors and walk, cycle or play in a park! Head to a Conservation Area or hike a local trail. For ideas, visit our Walking Page.
Check back on this post for new information and events. If you know of any free or low-cost community events that should be added to the list, let us know!