Bike, Run, Walk, and get fit! Looking to kick off an active June? Here are 10 great FREE things to do from June 1-16 during the ParticipAction Community Better Challenge. Help Kingston win the $150,000 prize by logging your activity or event on the ParticipAction website.
- National Health & Fitness Day: Saturday, June 1 from 9am-4pm in Confederation Park. Free fun and fitness activities featuring Mega Morning Yoga, Tai Chi, Pole Walking, obstacle course, Zumba, jump roping, drumming and more. Also presenting: Chinlock Wrestling! It’s Canada’s day to get up, get out and get active! Visit the National Health & Fitness Day Kingston websitefor more information and a schedule of events.
- Rescue Challenge: Sat, June 1 between 11:30-5 at the outdoor aquapark near the Memorial Centre. Pool admission gets you in to the event. For more information visit the Rescue Challenge event page.
- Kingston Tennis Club Adult Open House: Sat, June 1 from 11-1:30. Rain date is Sun, June 2. Free for all: tennis activities, BBQ. Give it a try! More info on the KTC website.
- Cycling Week in Kingston: June 2-8. Free roll-in breakfasts, a bike movie, ride with the Mayor, and more. Visit the Cycle Kingston websitefor more information.
- Commuter Challenge: June 2-8. Register yourself or your workplace and help Kingston win the challenge. Bike, walk, bus or carpool to school/work.
- Global Running Day in Kingston: Wed, June 5. Make your pledge at https://globalrunningday.org. Run around the block, with your dog, or play a game of tag! Join Runners’ Choice at Market Square on June 5 at 6:30pm for a community run and fun.
- Move with Our Docs: Sat, Jun 8, 10am at 28 Division St. A fully accessible, fun 3K walk for all ages! Register yourself or a team. For more info contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kingston Lawn Bowling Club Open House: Sat, June 8, 10 am to 3 pm and Sun, June 9th from 1-3 pm. All ages 10 and up welcome. 100 Napier St. For more info go to their website.
- KEYS Zumba Party: Thurs, June 13 at Sydenham St downtown. Open to all! (KEYS.ca)
- Family Fun Day: Sun, June 16 on the field next to the Seventh-Day Adventist Church (Wright Cresc). Bouncy castles, balloon twister, YMCA games, petting zoo, free lunch.
Other active events happening that are fundraisers and include a fee to participate:
- Beat Beethoven Run: Sunday, June 2 in Confederation Park. There is a 1K kids race at 9:45 ($10), and a 4K & 8K race at 10:30 ($35 & $45). Visit the Beat Beethoven websitefor more info.
- Kingston Walk to Fight Arthritis: Sunday, June 2 at Fort Henry. 1km and 5km walk/run. All donations go towards the Arthritis Society, leading to breakthroughs in diagnosis, treatment, and care of people with arthritis. Sign-up here.
- Jump Rope for Heart: May 31-June 14. 10 schools, 1388 students will be jumping for heart. (Heart & Stroke Foundation)
- Big Bike for Heart & Stroke: Mon, June 10 in Downtown Kingston.
- Cannonball Crush: Sat, June 8 at Fort Henry. An obstacle course for all abilities.
Know of other events to add to the list? Let us know!